Saturday, May 28, 2016

Life on board the R/V Endeavor

Comfortable!  Snug!  Practical!  Determined!  Focused!  So many words to describe life on board this magnificent ship.  This 40 year old, 185 ' ship, owned by the National Science Foundation, and operated by the Graduate School of Oceanography at the University of Rhode Island, allows for scientists from around the country to conduct experiments in the Atlantic Ocean.  I found my berth to be quite cozy with a shared bunk and a private toilet and shower.  The galley created meals fit for a king, with a lounge equipped with an extensive library and video library.  The main lab provided a focal point for scientists to congregate and work.  Two additional lab spaces enabled scientists to work without tripping over each other.  Rounding out this well-equipped ship was a highly trained crew of 12.
The Main Lab




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your article in North Kingstown View. That sounds like a thrilling and worthwhile experience.

    ScrabbleLover, listed above, is me. I changed my blogging name so I wanted the new name to appear here.

    ReplyDelete