Monday, January 1, 2024

Antarctica 🇦🇶-Grilling, Ushuaia and Home 💕

Crossing the Drake Passage for a second time was rough for many. Again, nearly 1/2 the guests were hit hard with motion sickness 🤢as were many of the crew and staff. Fortunately, I was fine. 

Tea time turned into a grilling party 




Recap in the lounge and a farewell by the captain. 






A delicious 😋 dinner to celebrate the end of our expedition. 


And back on land at Ushuaia, Argentina 🇦🇷 








And three flights later…. Home 💕


Our expedition route. 



A BIG thank you to National Geographic Society and Lindblad Expeditions for this life changing opportunity. I am so proud to be a Grosvenor Teacher Fellow. 
I can’t begin to say enough about my cabin mate, Brittany Berry. She is a talented educator and an ideal travel partner. She made my birthday 🎂 memorable and special. 
The many guests and naturalists filled my world of Antarctica 🇦🇶 with knowledge and laughter. 
The ship’s crew covered every detail and kept me energized with lattes on demand. 

Wow 🤩 So generous of my family to cheer me on during this holiday season as I explored two new continents 🤗🥰😘🥰

Lastly, thank you 🙏🏽 to my students who helped me prepare for the adventure of a lifetime and turn me into an Antarctica 🇦🇶 explorer by doing research 🧐, asking questions and completing last minute tasks (flag creation and origami penguins 🐧). Mr.  Michael Bernt and his students made pens to help me say thank you to the special people I met along the way. And to my Team A teachers, Ms. Ouelette and administration… Thank you ☺️ for your continued support thus allowing me to bring the outside world 🌍 into our school and my classroom 💕💕

Shout-out to London L - The penguins 🐧 were so incredibly curious 🧐 of us but none of them came very close. All of my photography was done with my phone and you can see how close they were to me. 



Shout-out to Liam, Jameson, Aayana, Lucas, and Nevaeh- It’s really hard to say what my favorite part of this expedition was… I learned so much from the many naturalists and I shared many laughs with the guests. I think 🤔 I liked crossing the 60 degree south latitude line into the Southern Ocean and seeing the many icebergs the very best. The penguins 🐧 are definitely a close second 😂





No comments:

Post a Comment